I help clients to attain long-term solutions for:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Panic Attacks and Phobia
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Sexual and Relationship Problems
- Sexual Abuse and Rape
- Medical and Health Concerns
- Grief and Loss
- Work and Career Issues
- Stress Management
- Parenting and Family Issues
- Marital Conflict
Families, individuals, adolescents, and children are given the tools to:
- Overcome trauma as a result of incest, sexual, and other abuse and to use these events as a means to build empowerment.
- Expand upon individual abilities and resources to meet the challenge of unexpected events.
- Discover appropriate expression for wants and needs of defiant children and adolescents.
- Develop and use effective parenting strategies.
- Reorganize into new and functional families after a divorce.
- Use relationship and other difficulties as a means and motivation for growth.
- Become the “experts” in their own lives, tapping into individual wisdom to bring about growth and desired change.
Holistic therapy avoids characterizing psychological problems as medical illnesses.
Clients are encouraged to:
- Determine and achieve practical and concrete therapeutic goals in a supportive and caring setting, using creatively-based tasks to assist in learning new skills and solidifying concepts.
- Examine relationships and events in one’s life, not only to determine their contribution to personal difficulties, but as a means to better understand the connection between personal beliefs and life events.
- Expand upon the traditional “talk therapy” with alternate methodologies and meeting locations in order to use nature, animals, art, mentorship, mindfulness/consciousness, and holistic (body-mind-spirit) philosophies to bring about positive change.